12.07.2014

# Christmas # faux flowers

Faux Flower Holiday Arrangements



I'm going to let you in on a surprising secret. I love to decorate with faux flowers! Silk and faux flowers have really come a long way and can look incredibly realistic. They can be wonderful for people who don't have access to a garden or who don't have the budget to constantly purchase fresh flowers, but who still love the look of a beautiful bouquet. I don't advocate only using silk flowers but a few tastefully done arrangements placed in strategic locations in your home (they are great for guest bedrooms or gloomy corners) can add so much flair and really trick the eye. Flower arranging is an art and there is no wrong way to do it so the novice need not feel intimidated.

I especially like to use silk flowers during the holiday season because I can create festive bouquets to brighten up the various rooms in our home (especially the bedrooms). In this week's video I show you several different bouquets, share my tips on how to make professional looking arrangements (leaf ribbon!) and create a fancy arrangement from scratch using floral foam. If you are unable to see the video above, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog, or check out my channel: www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur

Here are pictures of some of the arrangements featured in the video:



And here are both sides of the arrangement I create on camera:



Many of the flowers are purchased from my local craft store. Others were purchased online from afloral.com (This is a great resource), including the leaf ribbon, which makes the arrangements look so professional.

News
I was honored to be interviewed on camera for Connie Martinson Talks Books. Check out my episode where we discuss At Home With Madame Chic and so much more.

Lafourche Library Books & Reviews gives At Home With Madame Chic a wonderful mention in their latest blog post.

Letters from Eurolux recommends At Home With Madame Chic for French style at home.

The Decadent Minimalist shares how At Home With Madame Chic has helped her.

Restyling Home by Kelly recommends At Home With Madame Chic as one of her favorite new decorating books.

Madame Chic Inspiring Thought
Spend less time in front of a screen and more time indulging in a hobby you love. Try your hand at flower arranging, even if you've never done it before. You'll be surprised how soothing and therapeutic it can be.

Comment of the Week
On my recent post, 5 Days of Outfits from my Ten-Item Wardrobe, Ottie writes:

This is my first season using the 10-item wardrobe. I have more confidence and stand taller. Putting more thought into wardrobe planning gives me more outfits that look sharp. I think I saved money on clothes this year too, but look better. More complements are coming my way too. It's fun deciding what to wear and looking good and presentable.

Ottie, I am very happy for you! I tell so many people who are hesitant (or who keep making excuses) to just try the ten-item wardrobe. Try it. You will be amazed at how it can change your life. If you have been hesitant, just take the plunge. Get ready to live differently in the upcoming new year.

Testimonial
On YouTube, Marcellina writes:

I just want to tell you I just finished lessons from madame chic and I could just cry! I feel like this book is what I've been needing my whole life! I wish I would've discovered this in my 20s (although the book didn't exist!). At the end of the book I felt like I was at that nightclub with you dancing, and eating that Camembert, and hearing the secret quartet! Thank you so much! I am going to start 2015 with a fresh outlook and I'm using your book as a guidebook for my life! 

Thank you Marcellina!

This week I would love to know... have you decorated with silk flowers recently? Do you like to use them in your home? What type of flower arrangements do you like to do for the holidays?



Visit my Author Website

Facebook facebook.com/JenniferLScottAuthor

Twitter @JL_Scott

Instagram @dailyconnoisseur

Sign up for my Seasonal Author Newsletter

7 comments:

Ladylike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ladylike said...

Fun! I needed cheering up today so thank you for helping me to refocus on beauty, creativity and the holidays! I have never made holiday flower arrangements before, but it might be the year to give it a try!

Kathryn Bechen said...

Just gorgeous Jennifer! My you are talented with flower arranging. Your bouquets are elegant yet simple. Like you, I'd rather do a hobby than watch TV. Much more productive and satisfying to me to create beauty and order at home. Merry Merry!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I am inspired to add some cheer to my desk.

Unknown said...

I definitely need to spend less time on my iPad and more time being creative. We are listening to Christmas music and dancing around tonight! So much fun!
There is an article and interview with Chris Martin in the Huff Post you will be interested in. Coldplay is working on a new album A Head Full of Dreams! Something to look forward to.

MS said...

Just lovely, Jennifer! Faux flowers are also a wonderful alternative if you suffer from allergies. Thanks for these inspiring arrangements.

Ashitha said...

Lovely arrangement! I just came across your book Lessons from Madame chic, it was so captivating. I went ahead and bought your second book too. And it truly inspired me! The way you have described the pleasures of living at home is like literally having a chat with you over a cup of coffee.
I just have one confusion right now I'm 21 and I've not tried any make-up yet except for my cc cream every morning. Do you think I should start using makeup to look presentable?

Thank you!