8.05.2009

# beauty # Makeup

Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15


I have been a devoted fan of Bare Minerals foundation (and still am) for the past four years. However, there are certain summer days when I feel like just wearing a tinted moisturizer, cream blush, mascara, lip gloss and calling it a day. When researching at my local Sephora for the best tinted moisturizer on the market, I came across two very enthusiastic women who told me I had to try Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer. And when I say enthusiastic I am being understated. These women were verging on hysteria with their love for this brand. So I secured a five day sample (I love Sephora) and decided to try it for myself.

My complaint with tinted moisturizers in the past have been that they: a) do not perfectly match the color of my skin and therefore look strange, and b) make my face look greasy about an hour after wear. Yuck. So I skeptically tried this moisturizer by Hourglass which boasts instalift- a property that firms and brightens the skin. It also claims to be oil free, spf 15 and a luminzer all rolled in to one. For me it sounded too good to be true.

I was, happily, proved wrong. This tinted moisturizer (I use the shade "beige") goes on like a liquid foundation and matches my skin perfectly. It literally lasts all day, providing coverage until you wash your face at night. It made my pores feel and look smaller and made my skin glow and (!) it doesn't cause breakouts!

In short. I am in love with this new product and share the enthusiasm of those very helpful ladies at Sephora.

Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 is $55 (a little goes a long way and this will supposedly last about 8 months) and can be found at: www.sephora.com

2 comments:

vicki archer said...

I am off to buy this first thing tomorrow morning...I hope it is as good for all ages!! Enjoy your weekend, xv.

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Hi Vicki- I'm so glad you are going to try this- it is super luxurious- a treat well deserved!